Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Smoothie Heaven

So the hubbie recently bought the magic bullet and I have been hooked ever since. So now I have been on this crazy smoothie kick and I thought I would share my latest creation.

I always have frozen berries in the freezer, I usually go to the market and stock up on blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. I am allergic to strawberries so that is why it's not listed....yes, very very sad I know! I also usually have mango chunks (the ones you can buy pre-frozen from presidents chioce) too.

So for this time I put some organic plain yogurt, frozen blueberries and half a banana into my bullet. I then put a heavy tablespoon of almond butter and about 2 teaspoons of shelled flax seed ( I got this amazing product from the store called Omega crunch; it's a unique product whereby the hull is naturally removed from the inner flax kernel, therefore making it easy to digest and reap the full spectrum of benefits offered in the powerful seed..so good for the little ones!) and then I top it all up with a bit of almond milk. I blend it all together and then I have the most delicious and health benefitting drink ever!!!!!!!

Now this was just one of the many creations I have made so far. The amazing thing about having a blender is that you can create such a wide variety of drinks like this one. I often mix together a bunch of berries/fruits, always the flax (flax meal is often the easiest, I just happen to have the omega crunch at the moment), and I sometimes like to put oatmeal in too (thanks Tosca Rena for that one).

The extra amazing thing about smoothies is that kids love them. Well my son does, and I know he's getting some amazing nutrients this way. We're going to buy a juicer soon too...ooh I can't wait, I love juicing!!! It's also pretty amazing what kids will eat when it's all disguised in something like a juice. Just the other day I was out at one of my favorite juice places and I got Dylan a juice with beets, apples, carrots and ginger....he LOVED IT!

I have been putting the magic bullet to good use and am always mixing away. I actually think I'm going to make myself a frozen yogurt for dessert. I just mix whatever I want together, my yogurt and some ice instead of the milk. Talk about a yummy and healthy way to eat treat yourself after a busy day.

With all that said I'm off to make a new creation.

1 comments:

Miz Dinah said...

Sounds delicious! We love smoothies too. I'm going to take your suggestions of almond butter and flax. I never thought to put those in.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails