Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mr.Dylan (a.k.a. cranky pants)

So Dylan is 19 months as of today, and he is one spunky little boy let me tell you. He is talking up a storm, not like you can understand much but it's there. He is always on the go and has mastered the skill of having temper tantrums. His latest being when I put him in the stroller and he doesn't want to go in...man oh man..does he ever give a fight. I literally need to restrain him to get him in there, and this little boy is pretty strong I may add. He also does this thing where he looses his breath and can't breathe and goes all purple in the face. He actually has done this since he was a baby, and it still scares me everytime he does it.

                                                                       "AHHHHH"
                                                                    (caught in action)

Dylan also has took in this new habit of screaming everytime he wants something or isn't getting the attention he wants. He does this "ahhhh" thing with the cutest face afterwards..well the screaming isn't cute but that face..omg !! I have tried every behaviour strategy and he just doesn't want to listen to mommy. I can just ignore the scream but he will just keep doing it and it will just get louder and louder. He actually is doing it as we speak, he is in his room having some playtime and obvioulsy wants me. OK....so guess what? He had a dirty diaper. I went down there and he said to me "poo poo", sure enough he was right!!

What else is new Dylan's world?

Well he has been sleeping in his 'big boy' bed for a few weeks now. It was a challenge at first because I would stay there with him until he fell asleep and then I realized that he would never learn to sleep on his own in his bed if I kept that up. So I had to start sleep training him all over again, as I did with him when he was in the crib. The only method that has ever worked with us is the cry it out method (CIO) so that is what I had to do with him, except this time it was harder because he has a big open room to explore while he's crying. So we stick to our bedtime routine and once we've finished reading his 'night night' book, I sing him a slovenian prayer and then I tell him it's time to go to sleep. I kiss him goodnight and proceed to leave the room. He will still cry a bit (it's only been about a week of this) and come to the gate at the door, but it doesn't last more than 5-10 minutes and then it's all quite. I can somtimes hear him playing but he's usually in his bed sleeping within half an hour. He has always been an early riser, about 5ish and that has stayed the same.

So as I just read this draft (well it's a post now)....I started writing this about a good week ago.

Dylan is still Mr.cranky-pants!!!! Teething, being in the good old 18-21 months transition period and a new baby sister may just be the culprit.

Yay for MOMMY!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails