Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

She's here....and it only took me 6 weeks to make a post !

Okay....so as I look at my last post I see that I have become very behind in my little project we call my mommy blog. My life got a bit hectic (who am I kidding.. it still is!) but now I feel I have figured out how to sqeeze in some time to write some posts. With that said, let me now introduce you to my latest addition.

Chloe Danica was born Sunday, March 21st @ 6:15pm.
Weighing in at 8.9 lbs

Just in time for dinner!!
 (this line is so fitting because this little girl has one healthy appetite....always wanting more and more!)

My labour and delivery was amazing as I stuck true to my wishes and
DID NOT GET THE EPIDURAL!!!!

This in itself left me with the greatest high in my whole entire life. I ended up getting the epidural the first time with my son, and if I compare the two, this time around left me feeling about 100 times better afterwards. I had energy, I wasn't all swollen from the drip, I could feel my legs, my head was clear (last time I got this horrible headache..which lasted over a week) and I was just so damn proud of myself.

It was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life and it was worth every ounce of the pain. I had an amazing support system and I just remember getting into this zone, more like a trance where I had to remain extremely focused on my breathing. It's crazy now if I look back to that day, those moments when I was going through each and every contraction.

I believe every woman can have a natural birthing experience, you just need to get in touch with yourself and stay commited to your will power.

 I know for me there were times in between where I thought that it was getting too painful and once I started to focus on that pain, my whole concentration and breathing pattern got off, and that is where I found that I couldn't allow myself to come out of what looked like this 'trance'. I couldn't speak to anyone and I didn't want to move, I was so into my mind and my body.

WOW... looking back at it now, it was such an incredible experience!




So now we're 6 weeks in and and baby Chloe is doing amazing. She has her fussy moments, most of them being when she's either hungry or needs and clean diaper. Big brother Dylan is now 18 months, and is a handful. With that being said, he is a very good big brother. He is very affectionate with his little sister, always seeing what she's up to and giving her lots of kisses.



Seeing how 6 weeks have gone by, I obviously have lots to say. But I will keep my thoughts for the next post, and then the next and next.

Stay tuned, because this mother of two has learned and experienced a great deal and would love to share with all of you.

xoxo

1 comments:

Miz Dinah said...

Thanks for sharing that. I love birth stories. She is a beauty. Congrats!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails