Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Macaroni and cheese anyone ?

So I was trying to decide what to make for dinner, and I opened the pantry and the first thing my eye made contact with was a can of chickpeas. I thought to myself..hmmm..what can I do with this? Then I remembered a couple weeks ago I was making humus and had left over chickpeas and managed to come up with this macaroni dish. So I just thought I would share.

I began by boiling some whole wheat macaroni. While that was cooking, I put about 1 cup of chickpeas into my cuisinart chopper grinder attachment with about a clove of garlic, some olive oil (just a bit) and blended it all together. Then as it began to come together I added some milk. I know I'm not using proper measurements, but like I've mentioned before I kind of just go with the flow, this is something you can do easily, just get it to the right smooth consistency. Once that is all blended (looks like creamy hummus), I put it in a small pot that had been heated already. I then add my shredded cheese (I used about 1/3 cup of cheddar, but you can use whatever you fancy and make it as little or as cheesy as you want) to the pot and mixed until it started to get nice and creamy. Once you get a nice cheese sauce you can add the macaroni. Mix it all together and voila, you have a yummy macaroni and cheese!


Now I know this one sounds pretty plain but you can jazz it up with your own flavour..I was thinking maybe some paprika would taste yummy. Whatever you want, be creative !!


I know Dylan enjoyed it!!


THIS IS YUMMY MOMMY!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails